Food at School
The Pochin School employs its own staff to provide good value, nutritionally based school meals. As a healthy school we actively encourage good quality nutrition and children have a variety of choices of vegetables, salad and fruit each day.
- Dinners cost £2.25 per day (£11.25 a week).
- Dinners are free for all children in Reception and Key Stage 1 as of September 2014.
Dinner money can be paid weekly, although some parents choose to pay in advance for each half term. Payments can be made online using the app 'Schoolcomms'.
We also encourage healthy choices for children bringing packed lunches from home. Packed lunches need to include:
- Something substantial (such as a sandwich, a chapatti or some pasta).
- Some vegetables or fresh fruit.
- Only one sweet snack!
- A drink (water or fruit juice).
School dinners are served daily in the Village Hall where the children enjoy both school meals and packed lunches
Our school offers a multiple-choice menu which rotates every three weeks. Here are our current menus:
- Dinner Menu - from April 2018 (pdf)
Food Allergies or Intolerances: If you would like more information on your food or drink choice, please speak to a member of staff before ordering.
We have all sorts of fresh baked bread every day.
Pudding with a scary apple decoration.
Concentrating on a delicious dinner.
We are always happy at lunchtime.